The Fish Foundation
Nutrition Aspects- deals with the introductory information pertaining to the role of long chain omega-3 polyunsaturates in human health.
- Macronutrients: details of protein, carbohydrate and fat content of selected seafoods;
- Micronutrients: details of vitamin and mineral content of selected seafoods;
- Dietary Sources of omega-3: food and supplement sources of omega-3.
- Fats and Oils: nutritional and biochemical aspects of oils and fats
-Omega-3 - metabolism of polyunsaturates
-Fish Oils: omega-3 content of selected seafoods
- Effects of Processing: compositional changes in fish resulting
from drying,canning,smoking, freezing etc
- Dietary Balance: the impact of a lack of balance in the dietary supply of polyunsaturates on
- Lungs: congestion, emphysema,
- Brain & Eyes: hyperactivity; dyslexia; aggression; depression, schizophrenia
- Heart and Circulation: Coronary heart disease; heart attack, thrombosis
Reference pages 1-4 provide abstracts of the scientific papers supporting the narrative on the preceeding pages.